|Course no.||Map Scale||Age Classes||Length||Climb|
|1||1:15000||M21E||13.3 km||370 m|
|2||1:15000||W21E, M35||8.4 km||240 m|
|3||1:15000||M20E, M21L, M40||7.4 km||210 m|
|4A||1:15000||W20E||6.1 km||160 m|
|4B||1:10000||M18, M20, M45, M50||6.1 km||160 m|
|5||1:10000||W21L, W35, M16, M55||5.7 km||140 m|
|6||1:10000||W20, M21S, M60||4.7 km||180 m|
|7||1:10000||W18, W40, W45, M65||4.2 km||110 m|
|8||1:10000||W16, W21S, W50, W55, W60||3.7 km||95 m|
|1:10000||W65, W70+M70, M75+||2.6 km||40 m|
|1:10000||W14, M14||3.1 km||80 m|
|1:10000||W12, M12||2.4 km||50 m|
|1:10000||W10, M10||1.7 km||10 m|
Additional Safety/Map/Terrain/ Competition Notes
- There are large piles of logs adjacent to parking and assembly. Please keep clear, in particular, children.
- The potholes and rocky pits marked on the map can be very deep so take care to avoid. One pit is difficult to recognise and is marked by canes with yellow & black tape.
- Small entrance holes to potholes are mapped as black circles with an internal tick. There is one black circle without a tick. It is a small limekiln and is used as a control site.
- Sheep and Cattle are present. Competitors are requested, wherever possible, to avoid running close and startling cattle; particularly cows with calves. Definitely no dogs in the competition area.
- Some previously mapped dense areas of bracken have expanded and other smaller areas have emerged. These have not been mapped.
- Use Marked Crossing Points as indicated on the Control Descriptions; leave gates as found.
- Portaloos will be available close to Assembly.
Bring a whistle and a cag. A no-whistle-no-go rule will be applied (to locate any casualties in this complex terrain) and a cag will be required if weather conditions are poor on this exposed upland.
It is a 20 minute steep uphill walk to the Start from Assembly. (It is sheltered but it is a restricted site for any running warm-up. There will be no clothing transfer). The Finish is approx. 150 m beyond Assembly. Single line parking on the forest road may leave later arrivals up to 500 m from Assembly so ensure you arrive in good time to make your start time.
No exit before 12.30 pm. However please take extra care since early departures are still likely to meet arriving traffic on the shared section of the narrow forest road.
There will be no water stations in the competition or start area.
Prize-giving for the NIOC will be at Assembly at 3.30pm (hopefully earlier!).