Date Sat, 12 June 21
Starts 11:30 to 13:30
Fermanagh Orienteers welcome you to Northern Ireland Colour Series 1. Assemble and park at Marble Arch Caves. This is a difficult area (see Course Safety below) so we will not be offering White or Yellow courses. Parents may shadow younger children around the Orange course.
- Online entry only at SiEntries
- Entries go live on Saturday 29th May 2021 at 18:00. Entries close on Thursday 10th June 2021 at 18:00.
- Senior Members (Age class 21 and over) £10 Non-members £12
- Junior / Student Members £5 Non-members £6
- Maximum charge for a family Members £25 Non-members £30
- If you are entering a family and it comes to more than £25 then please contact the organiser after you have paid for the individual Senior, or Junior/Student entries and we will arrange refund of the difference. Parents accompanying children go free.
- SI timing card hire is free but is charged at replacement cost £30 if lost.
Parking is free at Marble Arch Caves. Dogs on leads in car park only – bring your own poo bags and take them home with you.
Registration – Not required if using own SI Card – proceed directly to start. Hire cards can be collected from the Organiser at download.
This is a difficult technical and physical area so White and Yellow courses will not be offered.
|Courses||Distance Km||Height m|
This terrain is Tough! It is a mixture of steep rocky hills, rough moorland with areas of limestone pavement and dense difficult hazel scrub; cattle have heavily ‘poached’ soft ground in places. Fences will have to be crossed; a number of easier crossing points are marked on the map. There will be cattle (and sheep) on the terrain. Please avoid ‘spooking’ them by giving them a wide berth. If you open gates, please close them securely. The Finish will be ‘remote’, some 500m from Download which is in the carpark. There will be a 200m taped route from the Start Box to the Start Flag which is on a stile. Please do not linger there as it is a ‘pinch point’ for outward and returning competitors.
1:10,000 with 5m contour intervals. The map was professionally updated in 2020
Starts – Start times will be pre-allocated with one minute between starts. Start times are in 15min blocks with up to 12 runners in each start block. The start is adjacent to the car park.
Finish & Download: After finishing proceed to the download and then, due to coronavirus measures, go home. Please do not loiter.
Toilets are available at Marble Arch Caves. Please remove studs or muddy shoes before entering the building and remember – masks must be worn.
Coronavirus Safety Measures
A number of measures have been put in place to provide for 2m Social Distancing and ensure your safety throughout this activity. Here is a link to the British Orienteering Participant Code of Conduct which all participants are expected to have read beforehand and adhere to.
The main aspects for this event we would like you to pay attention to are:
- Start Times are pre-allocated in 15min blocks so that we can minimise the number of people at the various stages of the event. Please time your arrival so that you can get to your start just in time
- During the event, please use the hand sanitisers provided to maintain hygiene
- Do not touch the SI Control boxes except with the SI Card
- During the race please be aware of who is around you and try to maintain distance especially when approaching Controls
- As we are using a public carpark, please be mindful of other carpark users and give them space
- Please minimise pre- and post-activity socialising and maintain your distance
- Car sharing (except for household bubbles) is not permitted to and from the event
IMPORTANT You MUST NOT attend the activity if:
- You are unwell with a cough, fever or have had other Covid symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 10 days
- You have been in close contact with anyone who is suspected of or confirmed as having Covid-19 in the 10 days before this event
- You are supposed to be Self Isolating or are undergoing testing for suspected Coronavirus
- You have been outside of Northern Ireland within the last 10 days **EXCEPT from exempted countries – See https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-advice for the current rules .
If you have a condition that makes you Clinically Vulnerable, please follow current government and medical advice before registering.
If you need to withdraw your entry due to Coronavirus restrictions, we will refund your entry fee on request.
In the event that regulations change and we have to cancel the event we will refund entry fees.
Marble Arch Caves,
43 Marlbank Road,