Venue Seskinore Forest, on the B83 road between Seskinore and Omagh.
Date Sat, 27 November 21
Starts 11:30 to 13:00
From Belfast/Dublinfollow A5 from Ballygawley towards Omagh. Approx 10 miles from Ballygawley take the B46 to Seskinore. Just before the village take the B83 (right) towards Omagh. Forest entrance is 0.5 miles on the right.
From Omagh follow the A5 towards Ballygawley. Turn right after approx. 2.5 miles and follow signs for Seskinore on the B83. After approximately 2.5 miles (before reaching Seskinore) the forest is on the left.
From Enniskillen take the B80 through Tempo to Fintona. Follow the bypass to the junction of the B80 and the B46. Follow signs to Seskinore. Continue through the village and then take the B83 towards Omagh. The forest is on the right.
Lat. 54.523156, Lng. -7.2460327 GR: H488 641
- Online entry only at sientries
- Entries go live on Tuesday 9th November 2021. Entries close on Sunday 21st November 2021.
- Senior Members (Age class 21 and over) £10 Non-members £12
- Junior / Student Members £5 Non-members £6
- Maximum charge for a family Members £25 Non-members £30
- If you are entering a family and it comes to more than £25 then please contact the organiser after you have paid for the individual Senior, or Junior/Student entries and we will arrange refund of the difference. Parents accompanying children go free.
- SI timing card hire is free but is charged at replacement cost £30 if lost.
Parking is free at Seskinore Forest.
Registration – Not required if using own SI Card – proceed directly to start. Hire cards can be collected from the Organiser at download.
This is a small forest area, made more so by access restrictions on the west side of the road. Because of this the courses will be middle distance length with lots of controls and changes of direction. Blue and Brown will use 2 maps (probably printed back to back)
Course Details (Provisional)
The main roads are out of bounds – only the minor road on the North edge of the area may be used with care.
1:5,000 with 5m contour intervals. The map was surveyed and drawn in 2017 and has been partially updated in autumn 2021. This is a very mixed woodland with extensive mature areas, open meadows and a network of tracks and paths. Some of these may be indistinct due to leaf fall.
Starts – Start times will be pre-allocated with one minute between starts. Start times are in 15min blocks. The start is adjacent to the car park.
Finish & Download: After finishing proceed to the download and then, due to coronavirus measures, go home. Please do not loiter! Course close at 3pm.
There are no toilets in the forest. The public toilets in the village of Seskinore may be open.
Coronavirus Safety Measures
A number of measures have been put in place to provide for 2m Social Distancing and ensure your safety throughout this activity. Please pay attention to them.
- Start Times are pre-allocated in 15min blocks so that we can minimise the number of people at the various stages of the event. Please time your arrival so that you can get to your start just in time
- During the event please use the hand sanitisers provided to maintain hygiene
- Do not touch the SI Control boxes except with the SI Card
- During the race please be aware of who is around you and try to maintain distance especially when approaching Controls
- As we are using public parks please be mindful of other park users and give them space
- Please minimise pre and post-activity socialising and maintain your distance
- If car-sharing please wear masks and keep the vehicle well ventilated
IMPORTANT You MUST NOT attend the activity if:
- You are unwell with a cough, fever or have had other Covid symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 10 days
- You have been in close contact with anyone who is suspected of or confirmed as having Covid-19 in the 10 days before this event AND you have not been double vaccinated.
- You are supposed to be Self Isolating or are undergoing testing for suspected Coronavirus
- You have been outside of Northern Ireland within the last 10 days **EXCEPT from exempted countries – See https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-advice for the current rules .
If you have a condition that makes you Clinically Vulnerable, please follow current government and medical advice before registering.
In the event that regulations change and we have to cancel the event we will refund entry fees.
- Planner Teresa Finlay
- Controller Philip McGoldrick
- Organiser Raymond Finlay