Venue Florencecourt National Trust (what3words location link – buffoon.zinc.chips)
Date Saturday, 28 May 22
Starts 11:30 to 13:00
Welcome to NI Colour Series 3, 2022. Colour courses will be provided for all skill levels and age groups.
- Senior Members (Age class 21 and over) £10 Non-members £12
- Junior / Student Members £5 Non-members £6
- Maximum charge for a family Members £25 Non-members £30
- If you are entering a family and it comes to more than £25 then please contact the organiser after you have paid for the individual Senior, or Junior/Student entries and we will arrange refund of the difference. Parents accompanying children go free.
- SI timing card hire is free but is charged at replacement cost £30 if lost.
This will be in the Florence Court National Trust car parks reached by following amenity brown road signage on all major roads in the area. FERMO has an agreement with the Trust for reduced estate entrance fees. Adults will be charged £3 and Juniors £2. National Trust members are free (so please bring along your membership cards). At the entrance kiosk tell the attendant you are coming to the O event. Upon reaching the parking areas follow signs to the area reserved for Orienteers. Please have your money (correct Sterling change please!) or your NT membership card to give or show to the FERMO parking team. (National Trust Membership)
Toilets are available to the rear of the visitor centre beside the car parks.
Please remove studs or muddy shoes before entering the building.
This is a temperate hardwood rainforest with mature and thinned conifer plantations. At this time of year, it is luxuriant with undergrowth and leaf cover particularly along the margins of the plantations! It is crossed by a number of forest roads and paths. It is a feature of this forest that it is divided up by many large old field earthwalls, slippery and now frequently covered in scrub wood trees and posing significant obstacles, particularly for older competitors! Good studs and full body cover are advised.
Whistles are advised in this extensive forest.
Not required if using own SI Card – proceed directly to start. Hire cards can be collected from the Organiser in the carpark.
Start times will be pre-allocated with two minutes between starts on the same course. Start times are in 15min blocks with up to 6 runners on each colour in each start block. The remote start (along paths) is approximately 850m from the car park so leave a reasonable time to get there. There will be no clothing transfer (hopefully the weather will be benign at this time of year!)
1:10,000 with 5m contour intervals for courses Green, Blue and Brown. 1:7500 for Short Green, Light Green, Orange and Yellow. 1:4000 with 2.5m contour interval for White. The map was professionally updated in late April 2022. Descriptions will be in text on the map for Yellow and White.
All loose descriptions will be IOF symbols.
Finish & Download
After finishing proceed to download in the carpark. After your run why not enjoy all that the estate has to offer, including the house, the gardens and the tea room.
Provisional Course Details
|Course||Map Scale||Length km||Height||Controls|
Coronavirus Safety Measures
A number of measures have been put in place to ensure your safety throughout this activity. Here is a link to the British Orienteering Participant Code of Conduct which all participants are expected to have read beforehand and adhere to.
The main aspects for this event we would like you to pay attention to are:
- Start Times are pre-allocated in 15min blocks so that we can minimise the number of people at the various stages of the event. Please time your arrival so that you can get to your start just in time
- As we are using a public carpark, please be mindful of other carpark users and give them space
You MUST NOT attend the activity if:
- You are unwell with a cough, fever or have had other Covid symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 10 days
- You have been in close contact with anyone who is suspected of or confirmed as having Covid-19 in the 10 days before this event
- You are supposed to be Self Isolating or are undergoing testing for suspected Coronavirus
If you have a condition that makes you Clinically Vulnerable, please follow current government and medical advice before registering.
If you need to withdraw your entry due to Coronavirus restrictions, we will refund your entry fee on request.
In the event that regulations change and we have to cancel the event we will refund entry fees.
Planner: Raymond Finlay
Controller: Philip McGoldrick
Organiser: Teresa Finlay